The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and associated statutes and regulations apply to private-sector organizations across Canada that collect, use or disclose Personal Information in the course of a commercial activity. These obligations extend to property management companies, including InvestorMelDave.
Information Collection and Use
While using our site or receiving services from us, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you. Except where authorized or required by law, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to any third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- When we have received your consent to do so;
- When the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- To the purchaser of all of the assets of our business.
InvestorMelDave may use Personal Information that it collects for the following purposes:
- To identify and communicate with you;
- To assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to direct your questions to appropriate individuals, to investigate and address any of your concerns, and to improve and monitor our customer support responses;
- To provide you with information on products, services or opportunities we reasonably believe would be of interest to you; and/or
- To comply with all relevant legislation
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This Log Data may include information such as browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit and the time spent on those pages. In addition, we use third party services such as Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager that monitor, collect and use such data.
Subject to your consent, we may use your Personal Information to send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information related to our products and services.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use “cookies” to collect information, including aggregate data, about your use of our site. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
Your Right of Access to your Personal Information
You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below